Passion Driven for 25 Years
Joohee Kang, a South Korean native, for more than 25 years has amassed experience teaching students of all ages from 6 years old to full-grown adults in any level and genre of music.
She is a master at preparing her students for a variety of piano competitions/tests in New York; including NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association).
She has also helped prepare her students for pre-college music programs located in New York City
Joohee Kang has received Musical Education from these schools, from which she has built her foundation in classical music and many more genres of music.
01. MOZARTEUM SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
Studied her Classical Piano Music from Mozarteum School of Music in Salzburg, Austria.
02. MANNES SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
Received her Bachelor’s Degree for Jazz Piano from Mannes School of Music in New York.
03. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY.
Received her Master’s Degree in Music for Film Scoring Composition from NYU.
Joohee has a rapidly blossoming career as a Classical Pianist, Jazz Musician, and Composer, Collaborative artist.
She has won at pretigious international competitions. She’s played at the Blue Notes in New York and her compositional works are performed in the Film Festival in Lincon Center, Manhattan.
She has even taught at many different institutions.
Such as at public schools, Henderson Semastry and has also played as the piano accompanist for her church community on Sunday Service.
FEEL THE MUSIC.
Music deeply touches the hearts of people and heals all the scars. It does not betray and will always be a life-time friend.
Free Consultation w/ Evaluation (In-House Only)
Here’s the procedure~
- Fill out the Contact Form below (click on “Contact” to find the form)
- You schedule a consultation meeting; further communication will be handled via email or by phone.
- If you have prior experience, prepare any piece that best represents your current experience level. If you are an amateur and would like to start learning, don’t worry. If you are an beginner, we will discuss the goals of the private lessons.
- Evaluation on your current level and points on skills/technique that can be the focus for improvement.
- Within the next few days, you will be sent a quotation for private lessons tailored to your level and methodology to improve your piano playing skills. (Allow 2-4 days for response.)
MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Joohee loves kids and is very patient with them. She strives to inspire passion and creativity and deeper enjoyment through music, and ultimately improving the skills of her students.
“Ms. Kang truly inspired me and sparked a new passion in classical music I never knew I had!”
“I’ve been through several private music teachers, never have I met or been taught by an individual so confidently knowledgeable. She makes reading sheet music so easy and fast. I respect her so much!”
“She helped improve so much on my NYSSMA score even before I took my first test, I never would’ve imagined myself getting into All-State in NYSSMA for classical piano.”